Fresh oysters, large size, cleaned & deshelled, ~8 pcs
Cooking oil, 4 tbsp
Spring onion, cut into 3cm length, 1 stallk
Eggs, beaten, ~60g size, 2 units
Fish sauce/light soy sauce, 2 tbsp
Chinese cooking wine, 2 tbsp
Tapioca flour, 180g
Sweet potato flour, 80g
Fish sauce, 1 tsp
Batter 2 (Alternative recipe, need to try):
Tapioca flour, 2 tbsp
Plain flour, ½ tbsp
Rice flour, 1 tbsp
Garlic Chilli Sauce:
Garlic, 3 cloves
Shallots, 2 pcs
Chilli paste, 1 tbsp
Coriander powder, ½ tsp
Pepper, a dash
Add 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar?
Coriander leaves, a few sprigs
1. Blend all ingredients for chilli sauce. Set aside for serving.
2. Sift dry ingredients, and mix well with water to form batter. Flavour with 1 tsp fish sauce and spring onion.
3. Heat pan over high heat and then add in oil. Reserve 1 ladleful batter to mix with oyster later, pour the rest into the heated pan.
4. When batter is half set, add in beaten eggs and spread well across. When the "pancake" mixture is firm enough, flip over to brown other size. Cut into smaller pieces. When almost done, flavour with 1 tsp fish sauce, and lift pan off heat.
5. Toss in oyster with remaining batter into centre of pan and stir fry quickly for ~30 secs. Add in fish sauce and cooking wine, and continue to fry. When sauce thickens, fold into cookded egg-batter mixture and mix well.
6. Dish up to serving plate.
1. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with prepared chilli sauce.